Release 235 - August 2022

Hello everyone! Based on some feedback from the previous post, this time around we are sharing the highlights before most accounts receive the update. The dates are subject to change based on Quality / Testing with releases currently scheduled between 8/24 and 9/4.

Check out some of the highlights of the next release, below!

:iphone: App Editor

• An app history tool tip has been added to apps that can be installed from the library.

• You can now add an app description to your applications

• Added a new expression to the expression editor: ISNULL().

• You can now duplicate an action or a condition in the trigger editor!

• Added REGEX_REPLACE() to the expression editor

• A new event was added to input components that can fire when the enter key is pressed!

• EDIT: This feature got pulled from r235 right before release, it should be going out in r236.
  • Added ISEMPTY() to the expression editor to check whether or not an array is empty …. goodbye LEN(array+’’) = 0 … it was nice knowing you!

:zap: Connectors

• A user can now input a custom domain with either a HTTP or HTTPS protocol. The user will also be alerted if the domain input is not valid.

:bar_chart: Analytics

• The forecast outlier markers color has changed to match those of the control chart outliers

:computer: Stations, Devices, Users, and Machines

• Users with account management privileges can now update a user’s email address. In particular, this allows you to add email addresses to operators so that triggers can send emails to them. By adding an email address, operators can also be promoted to viewers, admins, etc.
  • Edge devices are now shown as data sources in the machines page
  • Add user type of bot for newsfeed records for table related events

:lady_beetle: Fixes, Bugs, and Performance Improvements

• OAuth 1.0 is disabled as a selection if the connector host has no capability for it
  • Rich text stability improvements for translated applications
  • The type picker no longer erases object properties when switching from an array of objects (and vice versa). This prevents having to recreate the properties of an object
  • Fixed minor bug where the right click menu in the steps table wouldn’t respect the user’s selection
  • Fixed an issue where the Player was prevented from logging in if left closed for a long period of time or when switching between Windows accounts.
  • Fix bug where Table Widgets using a variable’s nested property as a datasource were crashing in the editor
  • Fixed bug with CSV Import locking up a table when it imports linked records.
  • Prevent table widget row selection from changing while triggers are actively executing. This fix will prevent triggers from working on the incorrect row and prevent invalid data.
3 Likes
  • you can now duplicate an action or a condition in the trigger editor!

• A new event was added to input components that can fire when the enter key is pressed!

:+1: :grinning: :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for releasing upcoming update notes!

I cannot tell you how ridiculously happy I am to get my hands on the ability to duplicate actions or conditions in the trigger editor. So many saved clicks.

this is an awesome addition. Wil this be triggered from a \r or \n char coming from a barcode scanner too?

Hey @Rakitha -

It won’t on a \r or \n (those are just special escape characters in strings, not distinctly different key mappings in the os) but will work if the barcode scanners have been configured to add a [Enter] suffix at the end of the scanned value. This is a feature every scanner I have ever used, supports, but the setup process differs by the scanner, here is an example on how you would do this for 1 scanner:
https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/knowledge-articles/evm/Adding-a-ENTER-key-after-scanning-a-barcode-scanner-expansion-back-zback.html

This will append an actual [Enter] key at the end of the scanned value, firing the trigger.

Pete

We are excited for this release! Some long awaited features here

• Duplicate triggers
  • Enter key action (can’t tell you how many times we have been asked for this by our team)
  • Emails for Operators

Now to wait for the update on my GovCloud instance :hourglass_flowing_sand:

appreciate the feedback! Feature requests and comments on releases we get here are closely watched all around Tulip and have a significant impact on product roadmap and prioritizing improvements and new features.

Thank you Pete. I didnt know that this was possible. I looked up the datasheets for the Honeywell 2d scanners and PDAs and they also support the [enter] key. I have to wait till this is released in a LTS to try the feature out though.