Release 243 - December 2022

Change is in the air today, or at least in your Tulip instances. This release has a slew of usability and design tweaks, a couple of key enhancements for managing apps, users, and resources, some back-end performance improvements, and some changes to vision that address specific asks in that area.

My personal favorite is the connector host management dashboard, which helps address an oft-mentioned need for better visibility and control of resources, assets, and the other meta-components that are critical for managing scale-up of factory data systems.

:iphone: App Editor

• Images that are uploaded via drag and drop now fill out the Datasource field. Previously the data was saved, but not shown in the UI
  • Updated designs on the confirmation modal when deleting all unused variables

:zap: Connectors

• Fixed a possible mismatch between connector management access and roles
  • Add connector host management on the Account Settings/Connectors page.

:bar_chart: Analytics

• Control chart and forecast analysis widgets now have transparent background by default so they can support the widget background color. Also fixes table-style analyses content to remain readable with a dark widget or step background set
  • Add an error message for layer computation error when attempting to chart null values

:computer: Stations, Devices, and Machines

• When managing apps, renamed the action from Delete to Archive for any text, buttons, and modals involved with Archiving Apps or App Groups

:camera: Vision / Machine Learning

• Increase keystroke barcode scanner timeout to prevent duplicate barcode scan events.
  • Implement lazy load for Vision Tesseract OCR to improve robustness and performance
  • For Allied Vision cameras, add support for changing camera resolution via camera configs on stations page

:lady_beetle: Fixes, Bugs, and Performance Improvements

• Improve the loading time of table pages
2 Likes

I am glad to see this feature added “For Allied Vision cameras, add support for changing camera resolution via camera configs on stations page”

But its hard to use the feature when the resolution changes are based on the location off of 0,0 (upper left corner). Most cameras and lens work best when the objects are centered under them.

I know in my case, having access to both custom resolutions and X, Y offsets would work best, but centering the default resolution choices would help make this feature at least usable.

as a note I am using a Allied Vision Alvium 1800 U-2050c with a max resolution of 5,496 x 3,672.

Thanks,

Mark

@mark.whipple

This is a good point, thanks for posting. Excerpted it into a dedicated product suggestion post; vote/comment/elaborate here: Custom resolutions and offsets for vision camera