Seeking a Chemical Engineer / Electrolyte Specialist at PolyJoule, Inc.
PolyJoule is a startup focused on developing a novel grid scale energy storage system. We are looking for a motivated, initiative-taker with a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering (or similar) and 1-4 years of industrial experience. The individual will be responsible for designing and executing strategic experiments, working with material and equipment vendors, and playing a critical role in the new product development process and implementation. The position is fulltime and PolyJoule offers an excellent medical plan and 401k savings benefits.
PolyJoule has developed a suite of proprietary chemical and manufacturing technologies that will disrupt the utility and energy markets. Founded by members of MIT’s Chemistry and Engineering departments, we take pride in offering opportunities to gain experience within our organization. Our team consists of experienced chemists, engineers, electrochemists, supply chain experts and a core group in business and entrepreneurship. We are building the future of energy storage.
- General knowledge in electrochemistry and experience with analytical instrumentation such as NMR, FT-IR, UV-VIS, Karl Fischer Titration and Rheometers is desired. Any other techniques a plus.
- Experience with PPE and importance in a laboratory setting.
- Experience keeping a laboratory notebook.
- Experience working with solutions in an inert environment is desired.
- Can create and implement Standard Operating Procedures for new processes and equipment.
- Can design and build systems through Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, presentation, and writing skills.
- Willing to explore independently and take instructional input when necessary.
- Proven experience making data driven decisions and recommendations.
- Past experience operating in a team environment.
- Can maintain an organized workspace in the lab and in the office.
- Can be focused in an environment with many distractions.
Also be aware:
Energy storage is a burgeoning, fast paced industry so that…
- Weekends or nights may be requested in a final push to stay on schedule.
- You must be comfortable standing on your feet all day if needed.
- Find learning on your own is fulfilling.
- Able to come in with a positive attitude and remain curious at all times.
- You will need to exercise leadership on key projects
Benefits and Compensation
Job Type: Salary Commensurate with abilities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or similar
Work Experience: 1-4 years
Work authorization: United States
Work Location: Billerica, MA
Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k, Paid time off
For consideration, please submit your resume and a short paragraph on why you are the right person to Desiree.Amadeo@PolyJoule.com