Open Tulip App with URL including parameter

Hey all,

is it possible to open a created app by an URL which include a variable/parameter?

I have an connector to an Oracle DB with some functions which include some parameters.
Now I will open a tulip app from an web app by url with one paremeter which is stored in one of the functions in the app and also at the oracle DB as well. Then the app should display some informations from the DB automatically.

Thanks in advance for any ideas :smiley:

hello @Anthony, thanks for posting and welcome to the Tulip Community!! it would be great if you could introduce yourself here: Welcome to the Community, let's meet!!

you can use what are called Transitions to open Apps in the Player: List of Actions and Transitions in the Trigger Editor | Tulip Help Center - Support for Building Manufacturing Apps.

to pass parameters between Apps, you can create a Tulip Table with the parameters you want to send between the Apps and when you switch Apps, you can store the parameters in the Table and then load them into a Table Record once you start the new App.

here are the steps that need to be taken:

1. add a Button trigger (or any other you’d like) with Actions to Create a Table Record and store the parameters and a Transition to open the folowing app:

the information will be store in the Table as such:
  2. on the new App, you can load the Record (by the Text you use as the ID):

and at that point, you will have all the Parameters from the Table available in the Table Record available for use.

did I correctly understand what you’re trying to achieve?? let me know if you have further questions!!