Zoom feature for mobile App

I have had a lot of requests for the ability to zoom in while using the mobile app. Hoping this becomes a new feature soon!

Thanks Heather! Got a question for you:

1. What do people typically need to zoom in on? Is it images, video or text? Or all of the above?

I would say mainly text…but pictures would be good too!

@hwagner with pictures, you should be able to click on the picture and then zoom in/out and pan.

just to confirm is this using the Android Player or player accessed via /player??

This is using the Android Player

@hwagner got it!! could you confirm zooming on pictures works on your devices??

and regarding text, is there any way you could change the font size/step layout to make it more legible?? I’ll let @kevin.kononenko take it from here.

thanks!!

I tried but was unable to zoom into the photo input within the app. Adjusting the size text would cause us to have 30 steps within the app. Some items we want to stay grouped together so a better option for us would to have the ability to zoom into the screen.

Got it, thanks Heather. I will review this with our engineering team.

Hi Heather
On my Samsung 20 FE, I was able to go to settings->accessibility and enable zoom (global for device). I can zoom by triple tapping the screen to zoom and using 2 fingers to move around.
There is also an option to swipe 2 fingers from the bottom of the screen.
Keep in mind that both of these gestures are device dependant.
Does that solve your issue @hwagner?

Thank you. I am going to try this with one of our devices to test.

Thank you for the instructions. I’ll follow up to inform you if it works!

1 Like

hello @hwagner, did the suggestions that @gilzhaiek provided allow you to zoom in/out on your devices?? thanks!!

Not really. It could just be the android devices that we are using in particular but it did not work on our end.

image001.png