API endpoint for pulling Record History data

Suggesting implementation of API endpoint for pulling Record History data.

There are many user scenarios where this can be needed. For example when retrieving information about how many times an entry has been changed, or who whether an entry has been changed by a certain user.

Thanks!

Hi @HCEH !

You specifically are talking about pulling the Record History Widget, correct?

I’d be curious to understand more when and what are the drivers for wanting to pull this info programmatically - regulatory requests, understanding how often data is being changed in a process, etc?

I’m also curious where this ranks in importance to you compared to having access to Tulip Completions with API and how you see these two working together?

Appreciate the additional insights :slight_smile:

Hello @Beth

Yes, I am talking about pulling the Record History that is so nicely presented in the Record History Widget. So, the data is there somewhere but it lacks API endpoint.

I believe that all of the cases mentioned in Tulip Completions with API are valid. The old thread somehow slipped under my radar, but it seems not much has happened since it was suggested.

What is the current status of the product suggestion?

Thanks!

Gotcha! Yes, this has been a longstanding request from the Community - there were some other priorities that the team had to work on first, but the good news is we are starting to look at Completions API again and do some more discovery on this feature. No promised timeline yet, but I’d love to have a discussion about this feature, if you are open to it?