App info variable: connector environment (Production | Test | Development)

Hello,

It would be great to have an App info variable to get and use the connector environment in triggers. This would make it possible to have certain logic only when we run the app in a test environment for example.

Hey @LouisVanhalst - Welcome to Community

Got a feature request written for this, but a few clarifying questions -

Environment name is impacted by which environments have been setup (see table below), If only 2 environments have been setup, then the environments are “Test and Development” and “Production”. If I took this connector and added a third environment, now “Test and Development” would be split into “Test” and “Development”, breaking your app logic. This feels far from optimal.

Environment is derived by the lifecycle phase of the application (development, pending approval, published version), and this is available on the app info.app version property. This allows you to check what connector version will be used, regardless of how many environments have been used in the application.

Development → will always be called “Development Version”

Pending Approval (Testing) → will always contain the word “pending”

Production → will always contain “Version” and not contain “pending”

Does this make sense? Does this address your needs?
Pete

Hello @Pete_Hartnett,

Thank you for the quick anwser! Just tried this and it seems to be working when I launch the development version in developer mode and the production version in the player. However, am I correct that this solution does not work when running the production environment in developer mode? It seems like the app version in the developer mode will always be seen as “Development” even in the case when we are running a production environment connector.