Conditions after actions - Machines & Devices Trigger

Hi Team,

I have an Input scan field with a corresponding trigger in Machines & Devices. Based on the value I scanned, I need to load a record from one of the tables (action in the Device trigger). Just right after I load this record, I have to do some checks/conditions verification (without clicking on any button) and populate a variable in the step with a value -determined from those conditions verification.

In other words, I need to be able to make conditions that follow an action in a Machines & Devices Trigger.

Any ideas, please ? Much appreciated!
Safouane

Hey @safe,

This is actually super straightforward to do. When your barcode scanner outputs, it will run each machine and device trigger for that type in order, so we can just add a second trigger that fires when barcode scanner outputs, that does that conditional logic:
When your barcode scanner outputs, first “Get Barcode Value” will run, then “Check Value will run”

If we dig into these triggers:

1. Load record based on device output
  2. Check a condition based on that loaded record. Notice how this trigger is also fired based on our device outputting, but doesnt actually use its value:

Does this make sense?
Pete

2 Likes

Hi @Pete_Hartnett,

Thank you very much. I don’t know why I had the feeling that only one Device trigger was allowed.
I’ll give it a try now !

Safouane

1 Like