Two barcode scans in a step

Hi Team

On my step I have two Input fields that I have to scan. Those scans have to return two elements from the same table and we can’t differentiate between them by length or regular expression…, e.g: 1st input = S1023, 2nd input = S1048.

This causes an issue when I configure my device triggers, as both fields get filled. Is there any way to configure this ?

Much appreciated !

BR,
Safouane

Hey @safe,

So you have 2 inputs that you want to populate in order from barcode scan? Is there any reason you can do something like this?

Pete

1 Like

Hey @Pete_Hartnett,

I gave it a try and it worked, Thanks. I believe the mistake I did was to configure two separate Triggers, each one for an input scan. That’s what was causing the simultaneous input fields filling.

Can you confirm, please ?
Appreciate the tip !

BR,
Safouane

Hey @safe,

I could see how that could be confusing! important to know all barcode scanner triggers will run each time the barcode scan is output, as opposed to the first trigger running the first time a scan is done, second trigger running the second time, etc.

Pete

Two actions in one trigger will fire simultaneously, see screenshot. This example fires two error messages simultaneously saying “My First Output” and “My Second Output”

1 Like