Csv import - comma/period as decimal separator

Can comma bu used as decimal separator when importing csv file into Tulip tables?

hello @oviland, the formatting on the CSV import is tied to the language your Tulip is instance is in.

therefore, in some languages (German, for example), the comma’s will be recognized as decimal separators:

imports to:

hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions!!

Thank you. Good to know.
But, this is for now a problem since we have a common instance together with a US state. I’m not sure they will accept me to switch to Norwegian language :slight_smile:
Can you point me in the direction where the language is set.

ahh, got it that makes sense (and actually Norwegian is not yet an available language!!).

could you “replace all” commas to decimal points in Excel prior to importing the CSV??

here’s the guide for changing language: Languages Supported In Tulip | Tulip Help Center - Support for Building Manufacturing Apps.

Thank you!
Yes, I can do that, and I have done it, and it works.
But the goal is to simplify the import process until we get an API connection to our ERP system.
What is left to test is to change the decimal separator to period on the computer used to generate the csv file from the ERP system. This might give the wanted result.

Oh, the language is set for each user.
Since Tulip most likely will not support Norwegian language, it would be great to be able to set regional settings. And I guess most Tulip users in Norway will prefer English.

1 Like