Dynamic Filters for Analytics

Hi there,

another feature that would be great is adding dynamic filters to analytics.
What I mean by this is being able to live filter data on a graph from inside the dashboard without having to alter its settings.
Our use case is as follows:
We use a grouped bar chart for a certain aspect of our production. This could eventually result in over 2000 values on the x-Axis with over 80 units per group. It would be so awesome if we could be able to implement a live filter for the x-Axis value to look at specific parameters without having to create thousands of graphs.

2 Likes

This is a fantastic suggestion, I’ll share this request with our product team.

Any update for this function?

hello @dorothy, while this feature is not yet available for Dashboards, it is available for Analyses embedded in Apps. for example, here’s a filter on an Analysis by User:

would this work for you?? let us know!!

Yes! Any related links from the knowledge base/university that can share with me so that I can have a detailed look?

Thank you!

great to hear @dorothy!! this guide How to Embed Analytics in an App | Tulip Help Center - Support for Building Manufacturing Apps has information in the Setup section.

For the embedded filter, is that possible for me to filter with a user input (as a variable)?

In the screenshot I can only filter with a fix value.

ahh OK, that filter you’re seeing @dorothy is within the Analysis itself.

if you’d like a dynamic filter, you would have to first create the Analysis, embed it in the App and add the Filter once the Analysis is in the App as shown here.

let me know if that helps!!

It works! Thank you!

1 Like