Release 236 - September 2022

Hey @jboyle -

These links will be dynamically renewed so those links will always work within the product. Its cases where images (or other files) URLs are pulled out of the product (like being added to an email chain) where you may see them expire after 24hr,

Pete

Hello!

Question, I have multiple calipers connected to the U-wave R, is there a way I can distinguish one caliper from another?, normally the device output includes name and data, and this case only data and length measured.

Please advise.

Hey @Jian ,

I’ve worked a bit with the U-Wave-R device, hopefully I can help:

On Player (the PC), the Caliper driver unfortunately ignores this ‘name’ information. So, I do not believe it is possible to differentiate the different calipers with this driver. This may be a good feature request to add.

In Node-RED (on Edge Devices), the U-Wave-R shows up as a generic serial device. So, EIO/EMC will simply intake whatever the u-wave-r outputs - in this case, the name and the measurement. Then, in Node-RED, you can modify your flow to act on both data: for example, to either direct that data to a different Tulip Machine Node based on its name, or to simply include both data in the output and make decisions within your app.