Reuse Aggregations and Queries when an app is re-imported

At present it seems that if an app is re-imported on the same Tulip instance, a new dedicated set of table queries and aggregations is created if there are any such things used in the app in question.

Please make apps reuse the existing aggregations / queries if nothing was changed.

@sebme I totally agree on this.
To give a bit of background on this our project work with a environments; development instance, testing/staging instance and a production instance. For more complex design or corrections we export/import the apps back to the development instance, and then start moving the app forward to next instances. This idea of making new queries and just appending “(restored)” as seen on below screenshot is a nuisance. I made below example to show to other users what to look out for. If someone exports a previously imported app - which introduced duplicated queries - you end up having … (1) … (Restored) (1) as shown below which is just confusing everybody.

Essentially after import we need to manually clean up and reapply the original queries and delete the not used queries. If someone archived apps due to wrong import then it appears that an archived app can still block deletion of the query.

Considering the concept of having validated our app in the test/staging environment we basically do not want to fiddle with the app after import into target system.

To add another nuisance to same import topic:
I also do not understand why import marks all record placeholders as “Save for analysis” even if the export was not configured for that. We have record placeholders which are used for displaying data and are not intended for analysis and record history. We have to manually check if the setup is correct after import.

1 Like

Spot on! Thank you. I am not the only one - relieved. To your point with the table records… I figured this out by looking into the export JSON… there is literally no mentioning of the Table Records analytical settings. So whatever you select there is not exported. Hence, nothing can be imported back :slight_smile: I then reached out to support asking for clarification and they confirmed the observation.

1 Like