Ability to change the highlight color on the table

Hi Magical Tulip Team,

Feature Request: Customizable Table Highlight Color in Tulip for Pre-Built Tulip Widget

Why: The current default highlight color is dark navy, and when combined with the white background of the table, it makes the text difficult to view! We also want to follow recommendations around NOT building custom widgets.

Request Summary: We request the ability to customize the table highlight color in Tulip to improve data visibility, especially for compliance purposes and users with visual disabilities.

Feature Description:

• Customizable Highlight Color: Allow app builders to choose a preferred highlight color for table rows and columns (ideally you could highlight a column.)
  • Accessibility: Offer color options optimized for visual impairments and compliant with WCAG standards.

Business Justification:

• Compliance: Enhanced clarity supports compliance by ensuring data presentation meets regulatory standards.
  • Accessibility: Improves user experience for those with visual disabilities, ensuring an inclusive workspace.
    Efficiency: Reduces errors and speeds up data review by providing clearer visual cues.

Can’t wait to hear if this is on the roadmap or how the future of fonts and highlights is going to evolve. Thrilled for what’s next!

Call me beep me if you wanna reach me,
ZAP

CC’ing for visibility: @michaelrcody @andybmac @cpuzzo @lrising

Hey @ZAP,

Thank you for reaching about this. I was surprised by reading about the dark navy as the default as the default should be light teal . So I did a little testing myself.
The behavior you are seeing is caused by a bug that occurs when the widget background is a darker color or there is no color selection and whatever is behind the widget is dark (could be the app background as well). I have created a ticket for this in our system and we’ll do our best to slot this in for development soon.

With regards to your proposal for customizable color, there is no related work on the roadmap. But logged your very detailed input as a product suggestion and will take into consideration when evaluating changes to the interactive table widget in the future.

Best,
Cana

2 Likes

The first part of this is addressed in Release 289 - October 2024 :tada:

Now, in interactive table widgets, the background color of the selected row stays consistent (light blue) regardless of the widget or step background color.

As @canaalpaslan mentioned, the ability to customize this highlight color is in the backlog, but this initial improvement should at least help quite a bit! Will leave this thread open since that part of this suggestion is still open.

2 Likes