Add "On Start" trigger event for Signature widget

Reposting from reply to Release 232 - July 2022 - #9 by DariusM, feature request is add an “On Start” trigger event for Signature widget

@DariusM -

Can you provide a little more context around where you would use this trigger action? I can’t think of a case where I might use this trigger type.

Pete

Hi Pete,

In an GxP environment, let’s say you need to validate the fields on a step before someone is trying to sign. Currently the widget allows you to sign ahead for validation the data.
Let’s say I have 3-4 inputs (text, dropdown selection, number) and I want to make sure that the person does not enter the signature until data is entered in the inputs fields.

Another scenario which might happen in GxP area, let’s say you need two signatures ( Operator, Verifier) which have to be strictly enforced. Currently the widget does not allow me to enforce the order. I can sign with the Verifier ahead of the Operator. I know a workaround might be to add them to separate steps but then if I have 10 steps which requires multiple signatures then I will need 20 steps to be build.

I hope it makes sense,
Darius

2 Likes

Hey @DariusM -

Thanks for the added context. These both totally make sense! We have a feature request in-flight for this functionality! Sounds like you know the go-to workarounds I would use in the meantime (adding a separate step to segment the signatures, doing the conditional checks on a button, etc.) but I am happy to throw together examples for those if you have any pressing needs you dont have a workaround for until this feature ships.

Pete

1 Like

We have a similar issue with the signature widget. I have a set of triggers to check if “replenished to cart” is selected. If so, a red box appears behind the “Cart #” input to ensure the operator fills in that field:
Screenshot 2023-06-07 085149

If they fill in that box and move forward on the “golden path” then everything works fine. If however they DONT fill in the “Cart #” box, the signature app is supposed to prevent the operator from signing by throwing up an error. It does display the error after the operator signs their signature:

Screenshot 2023-06-07 085453

It also prevents the operator from fixing the issue. They can go to the “Cart #” box to fill it in, but they cannot go to sign the application again.

I am experiencing the same with the signature step. It does not prevent us from signing if we have missed some input fields, and even if we trigger a restart of the step, it does not allow us to sign again.
@Pete_Hartnett

@mkalimuthu, @jasonh, & @DariusM,

We’ve just released a new feature that should help with this. You can now enable/disable Buttons and Signature widgets based on the validity of the input widgets on the step.

Check out the Knowledge Base article for all the details on how to implement: [Data Validation with Input Widgets]

Let us know what you think, and if this helps.

Adam

ezgif-1-93d5957f63

4 Likes

Great, it worked. Thank you

1 Like