Added Previous and Next button Functionality (getting out of a difficult loop de loop) and HOT DOG STAND!

This suggestion is coming straight out of a use case that I have not found a scalable workaround for: So in the honor of this old school problem the theme of the app is in Windows 3.1 Hot dog Stand!!!
Layout you have an app that you might break off mid process (think assembly) as with this type of Job we use the Job # to track where we are in the process:

When you click the next button It creates/loads the job # to a tracking table:

Say we get 4 steps in the process and have to break off due to parts availability:

So we click Log out (Trigger argument snip):

Later on the parts come in and you are able to go back in the process so you go to the start page and enter the job # and click the got to last step button ( (Trigger argument snip):

Now say you want a refresher of the previous step before this on so you click the previous button but instead of going to the previous step in the app tree it takes you back to the first step in the app

So here is the suggested improvement:
Please add in the options for step drop down:

add Previous Step In App tree (this should be an option in the go to step and Next Step drop downs as well)

the reason is 2 fold

1. it gets rid of the loop
  2. if steps are added in future iterations it allows for better scalability & flexibility

So if you don’t want anymore Hot Dog Stand themed apps ( or if ya secretly do) please take this suggestion and make my dreams come true!

Stay awesome gardeners!
Best regards to the righteous community!!
Chris Winters
Solution Engineer
Clear Process Solutions
For the Tulip engineers Links to app and table:
App: https://cps.tulip.co/process/7QYR4ZDfdurZkg9xf/steps
Table: https://cps.tulip.co/table/B2ifhH2XBqdWkKAyn

Hey @CPS_Chris_Winters !
I already see that you have submitted a feature request! :raised_hands:
The product team will evaluate this and we will be in touch!

Thanks,
Het.

1 Like