Dynamic Widgets

This request is for dynamic widgets. My thought is you would have the ability to display different widgets on a page pending a specific variable. An example of this could be if I was running a cell with a specific operator count i would use the operator count as my variable and based on that i would be able to set widgets for the different stations based on the operator count. I have seen several places this could beneficial. Is this being worked on currently?

Hey Michael, we are not currently working on this, but I would like to learn more. What widgets would you like to display in a dynamic amount? Are these input widgets ie dropdowns? Or others?

Hey @michael.wood-

This might be a great usecase for Custom Widgets. These allow you do just about anything to extend the functionality of the platform. Making a custom widget that takes in something like an operator count and automatically updates the number of operator name fields could be achieved quite simply with custom widgets. Is this still something you are looking to resolve? I could throw together an example!

Pete

@Pete_Hartnett Thanks for sharing! We are not actively pursuing the same use case now but i think we have others we are working on with machine monitoring that Custom Widgets could prove useful. @KathrynHarriss lets look at the machine monitoring applications we are building to see if these could be implemented in the operator interface to help notify when we downtime inputs are required. Custom Widgets Overview | Tulip Knowledge Base - Support for Building Operations Apps
@Pete_Hartnett would you be available for a quick meeting to review the new use case to see if custom widgets would be the right direction?

Thanks,
Michael

Sure! Shot you a DM with a link to schedule some time on my calendar!

Pete