How to declare array of objects in tulip connector function when there are many indexes in it

So we have been using tulip connector get method. so when i try to display the get method output in the tulip ui im getting 0,1 indexes data in the first screen. My requirement is to display only 0th index data in the first screen and when the user clicks on the next button it should show the 1st index data and so on. Now for this problem statement give me any idea how it can be done ?

Hi @preetham,
I don’t fully understand your data structure and your issue.
But you can make an input variable and use this to filter your output by it’s index number.
The input can then be increased by app logic…

For instance:
The static index…

…replaced by a variable input:

Does that fit your needs?

1 Like

can you explain how to increment index value ? either by trigger function or in tulip extractors

You could for instance increase the value of the bypassed variable by one after every call of the connector.
Or you make an extra button for this.
This completely depends on your use case.

Make shure, the input in the connector is an integer and not a text as in my example from last post.

On step enter or so you can set the counter to 0 and after calling the connector once your increment the value:

@thorsten.langner, putting the connector input in the json path is a super neat trick, thanks for sharing!

Thank you for replying. Hope you can give more answers for any topic raised.

can you put video on the above topic where you have shared connector image

What do you expect from the Video to see?

I’m sorry but I’m not a TULIP employee, I’m also just a user. I can not put too much time in supporting others here.

@preetham

I Suggest to make the basics lessons on TULIP University.

This specific lesson is what you need to manipulate values (increment etc.)

Build It: Triggers (tulip.co)

Your specific case is covered from 1:05 on…

Hope that helps.

@preetham and @thorsten.langner, with regards to videos, we like this initial technique so much that we’re covering it in our ongoing revision of connectors content. It’s a really great illustration of configuring connector inputs, formatting connector outputs, working with JSON paths/extractors, and interacting with connectors in apps that. Expect to see something within a month, and I’ll follow back when it’s ready.

1 Like