How to use PARSE_DATETIME_TZ()

I like to shorten the App Info.Current Date and Time -function to a special format

Any kind of example is welcome
Regards
Christian

Good morning @ChrisF,

Do you need the newly created variable to be in Datetime format? If not, I’d recommend using the FORMAT_DATE_TZ function.

For example:

format_date_tz(@App Info.Current Date and Time , 'MMM Do YYYY', 'UTC')

Here are a couple of screenshot of how this works in an app:

The PARSE_DATETIME_TZ() function is typically used to convert from a Datetime > Text.

Let me know if this helps!

Best,

Giovanni

1 Like

Hi Giovanni,
i will test it.

Regards Christian

it works - thanks.
But i habe to trigger it again for actual date/time.
I hope for a function to format the App Info.Current Date and Time-Variable in the head of the apps without the time zone information

Regards Christian

OK, good to hear @ChrisF.

You can also only display the Current Date (without timezone) as a variable if you’d like to include that in the header of the apps:

This is what it will look like when running the App:

Is this how you’d like to display the Date?

Sorry, no.
I like to see the current time (and date) without timezone. I don’t understand why tulip provide the user with this informationen

Good morning Chris,

I understand why it would be useful to display this information to a user. A good solution could be to use the FORMAT_DATE_TZ() function on a timer (every minute, for example) and display the variable as the current date and time. See below for an example:

Is this the information you’d like to display?

Hello,

I have found this thread while looking for a way to format a DateTime variable within an App.
For some reason the expression editor does not display the "FORMAT_DATE_TZ as an available function. However it still works if you simply type it out and configure it properly. (See screenshot below. The Test Variable is simply App Info.Current Date and Time)

I just wanted to make this post in case someone else finds this post and gets as confused as me.
Are there any other potential functions that are simply not displayed as available but actually work? What can be done to enable the full list of all functions?

hello @PascalW, welcome to the Tulip Community!!

this feature currently needs to be enabled for it to appear in your instance. if you could share your Tulip instance URL (via direct message to me), I will get it enabled for you.

I can’t seem to find the option for sending DM (Neither on your profile nor on mine)
The URL is: https://dmgmori-academy-production.dmgmori-tulip.com/

hello @PascalW, I have enabled the feature for the instance you mentioned.

let us know if you any questions as you get started using it!!