Image table fields not available from table query

Observation,

I have a table that has image fields, I want to error proof the entry of that image field from an application. Typically I would create a Query in the table, count the values returned and use that to error proof. I went to set that up for this situation, ideally the query would check that the image field is not blank, but it appears that image fields are not available to be queried, the image fields do not show up in the query drop down?

1 Like

@zretzlof would you be comfortable sharing a screenshot of the logic you have set up? I’m having trouble understanding if by queries you mean a table query or a condition check in the trigger.

Hey John, I am referencing a table query here. In the table query drop down I can’t select image fields from the table.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-03-24 141240

Hi @zretzlof , did you find any solution for this or any other way to this? I am also facing the same issue.

+1 for this request! I’d also like to be able to query or filter tables to select entries with non-empty image fields. It looks like I am unable to do this either through creating a query in the table, or an interactive table widget with a filter.

I went ahead and changed this to product suggestion so we can track this internally as well - I don’t gave any updates on this for now, but go ahead and vote for this suggestion to have your voice heard for this suggestion!

Hey everyone,

thanks for bringing this up!

Quick update here from the product team:
We’ll take a look at what it would take to make that available for the interactive table widget and/or table queries. At this point, I cannot yet say if / when we’d be actually doing so.

If the focus is on being able to identify if there are records that have/don’t have images, you can already now build an analysis that counts the number of records with a filter for an image field being null or not null. See below for an example. You can further filter this analysis either by adding more static filters in the analytics editor or dynamic filters in an App.

The one caveat with this is that you currently won’t be able to use that value in a trigger. But being able to do so is something that we are working towards this year.