Is it possible to allow us to change a role for an operator in Tulip

We are not allowed to change role for a given operator in Tulip. If we want to upgrade his or her role, we need to rename the existing account and create a new account with new role. This has caused us lost the traceability we captured earlier.

Hey @chloe.lau -

Thanks for brining this up as a product gap! This isn’t something that is currently possible because the amount of information required for a non-operator is significantly more than for an operator. Having said that, there is a lot of work coming in the back half of the year to improve the whole user management process, and I will make sure this functionality is included in that work!

Thanks for the suggestion!
Pete

Noted. What is the work around if we wanted to change a role for the existing operator?

Hey @chloe.lau -

Yep! It looks like your ask, and 1 more will be coming very very soon, and most of that user management work will be coming a little later.

I can’t yet commit to a release date (because the new code needs to go through our QA process before being committed to a release) but I assure you, this is coming very soon.

Pete

1 Like

Hello @chloe.lau, we added support for this recently. Give it a try after adding an email to the Operator user in settings.

1 Like

Thanks for your update. I can change the role now. Thanks.