Flexibility With User Roles

It would be a great feature if user roles could be more flexible so that users can have the right amount of access.

For example, an account owner should be given the option to allow a user to be a Station Supervisor AND a Table Supervisor at the same time. Currently, only administrators have permission to be both. The administrator role in this scenario would allow for too much access.

Please allow for more flexibility on defining user roles.

Thanks for the suggestion @jacob.dahlgren, this is something we are considering!

2 Likes

@jacob.dahlgren - Thanks for your suggestion on this. I would be more than happy to hear more about other use-cases/insights you might have on this topic.

Let me know & feel free to book a time on my calendar for a quick 30 min chat.

Thanks,
Sagar

Feel free to reach out to me, the account owner. I agree with the request wholeheartedly and Jacob did a great job of explaining the scenario if in the request, I think, but happy to discuss further.

@Kirklana, @jacob.dahlgren, I’m doing user research on how people manage access to Stations. this is tangentially related to User Roles, but I think you could still have some valuable insight. feel free to set up time via Calendly - Sam Feller if you’re willing to talk more!

@SamFromTulip, @Kirklana, @jacob.dahlgren, did you have talk ?
We are strongly waiting for this new user role “Tulip Table Supervisor”+ “Station Supervisor”.
Our company want each department to assign few members which have this new role.
We want to limit the members who could edit the table, and that member also knows well about Tulip station management.
However, we do not want that member to edit connectors so “Administrator” is not an option.
That is why we need new role.

Hey @ta-aoki -

@Viktor is the Product owner for user management and he has been hard at work collecting all the missing features when it comes to user management. We are getting towards the end of the project scoping to start addressing these issues, and from there it will be executed by the engineering teams. On of the biggest part of this work is to be able to create your own user groups with whatever names and roles best fit your needs.

It sounds like this functionality is exactly what you need. Is there any other features around user management you feel we are missing?

Pete

2 Likes

APIs for user management of both the user and the custom fields associated.

~WRD0001.jpg

image003.png

1 Like

Hey @Kirklana -

This is something I ran into fairly recently too. There is a number of feature requests around user management through the API. User management needs to be more accessible from other systems, and at more scale. It was the needs of instances managing hundreds or thousands of users that drove us to start this work around user management, and supporting scale is one of the primary objectives.

Pete

1 Like