Issues in uploading data from CSV

Dear Community,

I have 2 issues when I want to copy table content from one environment to another.

First issue: I have an interval type field. When I download table data to CSV, the field is automatically converted into engineer format (1e+06 for instance). When I try to upload the content to the new environment, the field stays under this format therefore is not correctly copied into my target table.

Second issue: I have 2 user type fields. Values in are not recognized as values out, while users have been correctly created identical in both environments. In the correspondance step, the user type fields are not proposed to make the matching.

I have almost 1’000 records in this table so manual update is not an option. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help.
CC

No reply in over a year? That’s not good…

Anyway. Having the same issue with user field type.

Assuming this is a no-go, then it would have been good to export the UUID of the user (perhaps in parenthesis) along with the human readable name and then correctly parse the UUID on import.

This is a huge miss…

The first issue of @CHC is kind of easy to solve.
You only need to change the formatting to a whole number, before importing it to Tulip.

The User issue seems to have no solution yet. Even if you have the actual internal user ID (17 character random string, you can get this by using the table API) it will not import as User.

If this is a function you need, I suggest to create a product suggestion.

However, exporting a User in one instance and importing it on another instance will not be easy to realize, because User is an Object and not just its name. The internal id is different and the same name on the left instance can be another person then on the right one…

At least in my case I don’t want to export/import actual users from the Tulip platform, I have User fields in table data that I wanted to export from one table and import into another.