It would be nice to have the possibility to edit the description of change

it would be nice to have the possibility to edit the description of change before all the approvals have approved , sometime we forgot to add a comment , and what we are doing now is cancelling the publishing request and then send it again with those additional comments

Hey @ChirristopherOficial

You’re totally right. Along with this I added a feature request to be able to edit this description before hitting the publish button. Often I find myself strugging to rememeber all that changed in the last ~month of work. I would love to be able to edit this as I go, to keep track of all of my changes.

I know of a few customers who have a step in each of their apps where they track changes to get around both of these limitations.

In any case, the feature request is in, and I’ll keep this thread updated as it is acted on.
Pete

I do understand the situation that you might want to edit the change log description .
However, I worry the risk of the Approver reading the description, and at the same time App builder editing the description, which result in confusing situations if the edit was completed just before Approver clicking the approve button.

Our colleague in my company even wants Tulip approval request email to have the change log description written in it, so that the Approvers can decide the priorities of which App to approve.
(Should I post the request separately?)

Hey @ta-aoki -

Totally makes sense. We are actually actively working on being able to see changes in a new version of an application. On approval, you could see all the changes between versions. This is a fairly big project, so you probably will start seeing parts of this functionality in 2022, but full visibility to everything that can change in an app likely won’t hit until 2023.

Pete

being able to see changes in a new version of an application

Interesting !
Does this mean the system will automatically show the changes ? (some thing like showing diff command results ?)

@Pete_Hartnett

How about this request from my colleague. Could you please consider ?

Tulip approval request email to have the change log description written in it

@ta-aoki -

Plans are still flexible right now around exactly what will be in scope for the first release of approval change logs, but it would absolutely be a visual representation of those changes, not just a list of changes. Eventually, we want to be able to expose this for every part of an application (Widgets, triggers, tables, connectors, etc) but initially, the scope will probably be smaller.

I wrote a feature request to include those published notes in the approval email. that’s an easy win!

Pete

2 Likes