Kaizen Funnel Example

Hey everyone! I wanted to share an application that we built recently over at Tulip that can help people in operations manage their kaizen funnel and the associated continuous improvement activities. There is typically a good amount administrative burden associated with managing a kaizen funnel and this can sometimes present a challenge to really embracing kaizen culture at all levels of the business. This application is meant to be out on the shop floor for anyone to grab and submit a kaizen opportunity.

Take a look at this short video that showcases a way for people to use Tulip to help manage this process. Please feel free share your thoughts, questions, and comments if you’d like!

Thanks
Mark

Animated gif:

Walkthrough video:

4 Likes

Looks great. We at famaga would like to use it.

2 Likes

That’s great! Are you currently up and running with a tulip instance or trial?

@freedman Could you show how you achieved a clickable table visible in 1:53 on the video?

1 Like

@tomczada gladly! I’ll post a video if that would be easier but let me try with images for now.

The variable being pulled from the connector is the query and table being displayed. I am using an offset and limit function to only show 5 records at a time, which I page through.

On top of the query I have invisible buttons, each button pulls a different index from the variable/array:

Whenever a button is pressed, that index is stored in an array called “selected array”. This is the array that I will use to expose more detail. I’ll also manipulate this array (changing the status, for example) and then running an update sql connector using that array as the source.

Let me know if you have any further questions!
Thanks
Mark

Now i see it, thanks :ok_hand:

@freedman How can I get my hands on this?

2 Likes

@schexb currently, this app relies on a postgres database (image of the table, below)

This can be changed for your specific needs, as well.

Very shortly we’ll be releasing table queries which will make it so that an external database will not be necessary for this sort of application.

In the meantime, I’ve uploaded the app to your instance for you to look at and play around with.

Feel free to reach out if you’d like to hop on a quick call!
Thanks
Mark

1 Like

Thank you! Just sent you a message.

Where to download the app?

@zaidzaki , since this application has been released the Tulip platform has improved greatly. The app shown here relies on an external postgres database - with the new features related to tables there is a much better way to do this. I actually wouldn’t recommend this application anymore.

A very close approximation of this application can be found in the library (linked below). I think that it makes a lot of sense to make a new application specific to kaizen funnels, as well. In the short term, the app, below, covers much of the same functionality.

Thanks
Mark

1 Like