Limit of table records or columns

Hi there,

I’m wondering if there’s any limitation on the column count or entries in a table?

Best,
Chris Schneider

Hi @cschneider, welcome to the community!

The maximum columns available to any table are 200, including metadata fields (date_created, date_updated) and archived columns. You can toggle the visibility for these here:

If you’re curious how many columns you’ve used, or how many you have available left in a given table, you can see this by mousing over the question mark next to the table name:

1 Like

Also don’t forget archived columns right? They count towards your column count even though it’s “deleted”/archived.

2 Likes

That’s true, @dsun, good callout!

To comment on your question regarding entries in a table (i.e. records), I wouldn’t worry about that one. From personal experience, a lot. :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, it’s important to note that analytics and queries can and will struggle or crash the more records you’re referring to. Not sure what that threshold is but it’s in the millions. Hope that helps.

@dsun and anyone else that runs into the 200 column limit because of archived fields-

Reach out to support@tulip.co and we can purge archived columns freeing up a little extra space.

Pete

Upon attempt to import a CSV file with about 28,000 records, found that the maximum table size is 10,000 records. Is that truly the maximum table size? or is that just the maximum I can import?

1 Like

Hi @John_Cindrich - Welcome to the Tulip Community! :tada: We are glad you are here

There is a limit of 10k records for import, but no limit for total number of rows/records in a table. So no maximum table size vertically - does this answer your question?

1 Like

Thanks Beth!
That answers the question. Glad to hear the limitation is only on the import action.

2 Likes

Hi @Beth,
maybe the summary is something to add to the Knowledge Base.

• no record limit (rows)
  • limit of 200 Columns (including archived, and meta data)
  • limit of 10000 as csv import
  • limit of 50mb file size (isn’t it?)
  • limit of 1000 for queries

Or is it in the Knowledge base and I didn’t find it?

2 Likes

@thorsten.langner

This is a great suggestion - quick search and I couldn’t find it either, and having all this information summarized in one spot in the KB would be very helpful.

@L_Churchill - thoughts?

It would be much appreciated to have this information by @thorsten.langner officially verified by Tulip.
Does file size of max. 50Mb also apply to photo data type?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Hivzo.

Hi @HCEH -

I can confirm / verify what @thorsten.langner summarized is true:

• limit of 1000 records can be returned by a query
  • limit of 10000 records on CSV import
  • limit of 200 columns / fields in a table (including archived columns and metadata)
  • 50mb file size limit (which does include photo data)
  • limit of 100 records returned via one GET request to the Tulip API

We will work on getting this updated in the Knowledge Base as well!

3 Likes