Aggregation and limit

Am I right in assuming that all filtered data records are taken into account in a table aggregation and not just within the range of the maximum limit of 1,000 data records?

Thanks
Ralf

1 Like

I was wondering the same today ! Did anyone test this or maybe someone at tulip has the answer ?

Hi @RalfMueller and @pte, thanks for bringing this up! Right now the limit of 1000 records does affect the table aggregation. Because the aggregations are run on queries, so the aggregation result will depend on the limit you’ve set for the query.

Thanks you for the clarification @ZixuanLi . I’m concerned about this limit now. Is there any plan to raise it ? Before the aggregation I was using the Table API, it was cumbersome but there was no limit.

I’m also concerned about the record limit, my company is wanting to hang on to at least 10 years worth of data for some tables.

@ZixuanLi

Are there any plans to raise the limit on query limits?

Closing this to consolidate with more recent related discussion. Please refer to the product suggestion topic Table Aggregations on whole Table / Querie limit 1000 for further discussions, voting, and status reporting from the Tulip team.