Increased visibility to table data in app analytics

Hey All,

We have run into a pretty major limitation to app analytics a handful of times so I though I would document it here.

The issue is the limited access to table data within app analytics. We are trying to make a single number analytic that shows the number of table entries for the current order (needs to be an app analytic to have access to the order number) in the last 60 minutes. There isn’t a good way it tulip logic to hack our way around this limitation.

Right now app analytics provide access to table records, but only for the record currently loaded in the app, not the table as a whole.

Hey Peter, I believe we are actually launching a feature that will help with this in the next 6 weeks! It is called Table Queries, and it will allow you to define these queries at the table level and reference them in apps, as well as run aggregation functions on top of them.

Would you like to be in the beta for this feature?

Hey Kevin,

Sure! I’d love to get a chance to test this out.

Peter

1 Like

Me, too please! Thanks

Of course!

Will notify both of you.

Any news about the Table Queries feature?

Hi Ove, the “beta” version of this feature will be released in 2 weeks? Would you like to be part of the “beta” group that gets to use it first? If so, I can enable it on your account at that point.

same thing for us in our staging platform. Thanks

Thank you, yes, I would like that.

Edit:
Will it be possible to set up a query the returns only unique values from a field/column?

Great. That will not be part of the first release, unfortunately.

I 'd love to be a tester.

have these improvements been launched, I am having a hard time visualizing the data from my tables.

Hey @ashleyhector.

Queries and Aggregations are live. What insights are you struggling to visualize? I can walk you through how I might approach building a working solution.

Pete

Seriously the next day all the updates were there! It looks great! :blush: Those updates are going to make a huge difference for the app I am building.

image001.jpg

1 Like

hey Pete, I have another question for ya. Is there a way to export the table after I have ran a query? I am trying to cut down on the items I need to export, the table is getting pretty large. I created a date range query, but the export option still exports the entire table. I thought you might have a trick or something.

Hey @ashleyhector.

Right now this isn’t something you can do, but something we do hear on occasion . A few details about how enabling this is going.

1. We are working to support exporting table data directly from within an app, and this would also support exporting queried data. I would expect to see this in Q3, but timelines certainly might change.
  2. Natively supporting this from the Table UI has been documented and will be coming, but it isn’t the main focus of the tables team right now. This work hasnt yet been scheduled, so I can’t really ballpark a timeline to do this.

One avenue some customers use to achieve this is by hitting the Table API (which supports filtering) but this approach is a fair bit more technical than most of the stuff in Tulip.

This feedback is very valuable. Thanks a bunch!
Pete

Awesome, thank you for getting back to me. The tables functions have come a long way since I have started working on it. I will wait for those improvements. :blush:

image001.jpg

Hey @ashleyhector,

One other tip is that you can build an analytic on your table that is in a table format, which allows you to select relevant fields. This can be filtered and exported to CSV as well and will dynamically update (i.e. if you’re filtering on Last 7 Days, this will always show you the data added to the table in the 7 days prior to export).

Let me know if that helps! I know it’s a bit of a workaround but could be a good interim solution.

Yeah I already have it that way. I export it for people so they can display it how they want.

image001.jpg

1 Like