New: Tulip Mobile App is live on Android (and iOS soon)

You may have never thought that you were capable of building an app without spending hundreds of hours learning React Native, Java or Swift.

And, even if you did learn code, there is no way that your company would let you apply those new skills to build apps for your entire factory.

That all changes today with the launch of the Tulip mobile app.

Now, simply by changing one setting in the App Builder, your apps instantly become mobile-friendly- in either portrait mode or landscape mode.

So, you can build that analytics app that management has been dying for.

Even better, you can use the camera on your phone or tablet to scan barcodes and QR codes. So you can build apps that do not require your operators to lug around a barcode scanner.

Check it out on the Google Play Store today and let us know what you think!

The iOS app will launch shortly. Comment below if you would like to become a beta tester.

Learn all the setup details here.

2 Likes

Hello @kevin.kononenko,

is there an Update on the Status of the IOS App ?

Hi Marco, we do not have an update on a native iOS app. However, you can now run the Player in the Safari browser on iOS- have you tried that?

More info here: Recommended Devices For Running the Tulip Player | Tulip Help Center - Support for Building Manufacturing Apps

Hi Kevin,

yes it works good.
I like the app on Android more than the online player for iOS.

Thank you for your update.

Any update on when an iOS app will be released on the app store. There are limitations with using safari browsers. Most of our devices are also iPads.

3 Likes

Hi Chris,

I have it tentatively on my roadmap for the back half of this year, but I’m wary of overpromising and under delivering, and I can see that this thread was originally posted in May of 2020, so case in point.

Would you be interested in participating in a research session? I’d be curious about the devices you use, any IT admin software you may use to manage them, and you’re use cases and needs around Tulip and where the Safari Browser is falling short.

best way to book a time is through Calendly - Sam Feller

thanks!
Sam

Hi Sam, just want to give you a heads up that we also have 7 iPads in the field and with a bunch of Android tablets coming online soon. I actually wasn’t aware there even was an Android app, we’ll have to try that out. But I’d be interested in the iOS app because we frequently have weird bugs that happen with Safari that are unclear if they’re just safari bugs or Tulip bugs.

-Ethan

@Ethan understood. Out of curiosity, do you have a mobile device management (MDM) system? Is it the same one for Android/iOS devices?

Unfortunately i am not really involved with the IT side of things and why they choose the devices they do for our plants. The big benefit of going away from browsers would be the bugs, sometimes it recognizes the display device, other times it does not and brings it to the display device set up page. Having the app will also allow us to point at different servers for testing and will let us lock out web browsing apps so our TM’s dont surf the web.

1 Like

We are not currently using any MDM

As the app for iOS is being developed is there any consideration for adding 4:3 as an available aspect ration since all iPads are 4:3? Or even better, allow us to customize aspect ratio as a variable.

1 Like