Table & Dashboards Permissions

I would be nice if I can assign Table permission per user/group.
Since that we have tables with sensitive data, not all data viewers should have access to some of them.

Same as Dashboards, any possibility to make this happen?

Hey @emendoza.

Right now there isn’t user level permissions for specific tables or dashboards. There is working just starting around user management and user roles to enable this functionality, and a lot more. This is a fairly large project because each customer wants to be able to configure users differently, and we want to support every unique organizations asks. The engineering work is starting in the next month, and we hope to release much of this additional functionality in the back half of 2022.

One option in the interim is to make apps to display analytics and table data, and then the users who you want to restrict could be set as just operators so they couldnt get to dashboards or tables directly. The advantage here is you can also make your analytics more powerful with dynamic filters.

Pete

Any Progress on the development of this function? We also want this.

Hey @yuhuan.pu, thanks for bumping this. This work is on our roadmap for early next year. There’s some foundational work in flight right now around user groups that will unlock more features like the one requested here.

We hear you that this is an important use-case and I’ll do my best to drop updates in this thread as work progresses here.

p.s. I voted for this too because, after a little digging, there’s a solid cohort of customers requesting this, and the 2 votes don’t quite reflect the desire for it.