Table E Mail to user

Hi

I want to send the mail of the whole table to select E- mail.

Regards

Suresh kumar.K

Hey @sureshkumar.k -

Right now there isn’t a great way to send an entire table in an email. Tulip tables can be 10’s of millions of records, so the exported CSV can be pretty gigantic, often larger than mail servers will allow.

Additionally, the process of actually exporting that CSV can be slow, because it is so much data. In the worst cases this can take ~60 seconds. This creates issues if you can do it within a trigger (because it will make your app sluggish).

I know of a few customers who do send links to their tables in emails, and the recipients can simply go visit the table. Would this do what you need?

Pete

Hi @Pete_Hartnett,

Is there no way that we can send table data to email?

How to send table links over mail using the app.

Hi @Srinivas_Naidu, good question. You can edit the body of an email as either an expression, or as static text.

From this perspective, you could go a couple of ways. If the table is always going to be the same, you could hardcode a text variable in your app that takes the URL of the table as its value, and then use that variable as part of an expression for the body of the message. If the message will be the same for every email, you can copy-paste the URL into the email text. I would advocate for the first option, personally.

let us know if this works.

Hi @John ,

Thanks for the response.

I have one more extended question to that, Can I make the app to trigger the email/message automatically in the specific time (without the manual intervention), for example 6:00PM EST an email with the body has to be triggered!

is this possible?

Hi @Srinivas_Naidu, there’s a way to accomplish this in the short term, and we’re also releasing a new feature to make this easier in the future.

In the short term, you can use expressions like this to isolate the time you’re interested in. This trigger rounds to the day and adds 12 and 10 hours, respectively, so that we can isolate a window between 10am and 12pm Eastern US time. You can use the same function rounddatetime() but substitute in the interval you care about.

If you create a timer trigger that fires every 30 seconds, and the condition for firing is that the time is after 6:00pm but before 6:05, for example, you’ll accomplish what you’re looking for.

You can learn more about date time operations in Tulip here.

Long term, we’re releasing a feature called automations that allows you to run logic outside of applications. If you’d like to learn more let me know and I can tag in the PM.

Hi @John ,
I would like to learn more on this automations, go ahead and tag me in the PM.

@pete, want to add you to this thread. Sending regularly scheduled emails seems like a good fit for automations

@John @Srinivas_Naidu Thanks for the feedback, this is definitely something we plan on supporting with automations. Look for updates on this over the course of the fall!