Using a table aggregation to sort by file name

I’d like to implement a drop-down in my app based on unique filenames in my table. With a text value property, I’d use a Single Select widget with table aggregation to list the options.

Rather than create a separate text property to store the filename, it’d be nice to be able to select a record via a table aggregation of the filename, using a Single Select widget.

Hey Preston - thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Correct me if I am misunderstanding your question, but what you are asking for should be possible currently!

Here are the steps:

1. In your Tulip Table, create a blank query (this is just a placeholder for the unique values aggregation)
  2. In your Tulip Table create an aggregation to filter all the unique values for your file names
  3. In your app under the Records menu, add the table, create a record placeholder, add the blank query, and add the unique value aggregation
  4. Create a single select, and under Data Source, select the unique values aggregation for filenames

Now, when you test the app, you should see the single select dropdown populated with the unique file names from your table!

Thanks for your reply Beth.

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my initial message. I have a table property of the file field type. It’d be nice to query/aggregate based on that name, rather than having another text property to store it in.

On another note, it’d be nice to be able to edit those filenames from with the app.

I don’t believe either of these functions currently exist, but I could be wrong!

1 Like

I find this the more important one …

1 Like

@Preston thanks for the additional information! A internal ticket has been made and the product team will see what they can do.

@thorsten.langner, thanks for your input as well :slight_smile: