Using multiple query parameters in a connector

Hi, I have a connector that is using a GET function to get component information from our ERP into a tulip in-app table. How can I setup the query parameters in a way I can use multiple ones without them overriding one another? In this example I want to get my in-app table populated with data that matches both parameters:

However the query only returns the latter of the parameters.

Hey @Daaniel -

All of the query parameters are handled by your ERP API, and there isn’t one standard on how to expect this sort of thing to be handled. Do you have a link to the API documentation? I can give it a once over and see what they say.

Pete

Sure, please find the link here: API - Resources - MRPeasy Manufacturing Software

Although I’m not sure if I was clear enough with my problem statement. The ERP is answering the query but I don’t know how to make a query parameter in the tulip connector page that includes multiple values per one key.

Hey @Daaniel -

Thanks for the reference. Every query parameter is added to the end of the request URL, but the ERP is the who decrypts what happens with these parameters (especially if there are multiple parameters with the same name):
https://example.com/articles?sort=ASC&sort=2

I just ensured that duplicate query parameters were being handled like the above in Tulip. This is a screenshot of the request to an API, with 2 instances of the foo attribute:

Here is a thread talking a little more about the lack of uniformity on how duplicate parameters are handled:

In looking at your documentation, it doesn’t look like they call out explicit support for multiple options in any of their filter attributes, so either it can be done and it’s poorly documented, or it’s not possible with their API. Doesn’t look like I can open up a service request with them to get a firm answer on this without a customer account.

Pete

I guess I’m out of luck with this one then. Thanks for the explanation though!

Do you know if it’s possible to combine two separate connector functions into one in-app table? If yes then that approach would accomplish the same goal for me.

Hi @Daaniel,

I didn’t follow the complete thread, but combining two conector funktions is conditionally feasible.

To achieve this, your columns must be exact the same. This is no issue if you use the same connector twice.

To solve this with triggers only you can combine the dataobjects in one array.
Then display that array as Interactive table.

Make sure, you grab the direkt parent of the data. (in my case “HeaderObj”)

I hope that helps…

@thorsten.langner That is the right direction indeed. Also I got some more specifics about arrays from Aaron via support and managed to solve this.
Instead of trying to include more different objects to the API request, I could make several connector functions separately to include all desired objects, run the connector functions in-app, loading them into variables and use the “Concatenate Arrays” trigger logic to merge them into one array which can then be displayed in an interactive table.