Using Shifts in Machine Data for Analytics on the Dashboard

Hello all,

I´ve created a dashboard to analyise the performance of different machines.
The Problem here is, some of the machines only work one or two shifts and not 24/7.
And as soon as the machines run out of material to process they are going in alarm mode.
That means I have a whole shift which shows up as Downtime for the machines, even when there wasn´t a problem.
Is there a possibility to let the machine track the tulip shitfs on it´s own ?
I know I can filter the data of apps according to the shift´s but it doesn´t show me this option when I analyse the machine data.

Here is a picture of the analysis:

If anyone has an idea, that would be great :slight_smile:

hello @Mthesz, and welcome to the Tulip Community!! come introduce yourself at: Welcome to the Community, let's meet!.

while adding a filter by shift is not available in the same way for machine analyses as it is for app analyses, there is a solution that works well.

essentially, you can add a filter to the analysis to filter the time when the machine entered that state. here’s an example:

to create that filter, you’ll want to add the following: mid(date_trunc(@Start Time , 'hour') + '', 11, 5) = '{{time}}' replacing {{time}} with all the start times you’d like:

you can then link as many hours as you’d like by using Or in the Filter.

does that make sense?? let us know if you’re able to implement this!!

1 Like

Hello @gio ,

thank you for your fast and detailed answer :slight_smile:
Your solution works perfect :smiley:
Thanks

no problem, happy to hear it’s working well for you!!

it would be great if you can share what you’re building (and what machines you’ve connected to) in Show and tell - Tulip Community.

and again, welcome to the Tulip Community!!