April 2021 App Competition [Table Queries & Aggregations]

hello all,

welcome to the 4th annual App Competition!! for this month’s competition, we’re giving away a Tulip branded, stainless-steel water bottle (this is a limited edition, coveted bottle at Tulip!!):

for this competition, we’re calling for apps that make use of Table Queries and Aggregations. these powerful new features unlock many interesting use cases to run calculations on top of all the data that is being stored in your Tulip Tables.

share a screenshot of your app that makes use of Table Queries (and/or Aggreagations) along with a brief description of how it’s being used for the chance to win the water bottle. as always, the submission with the most likes wins!! best of luck.

Hi All. I don’t think I’m eligible to win, but I’ll get this started with an app I build that uses table queries / aggregations.

I’m working on a User Interface Design course for Tulip University, and as part of the course I’m putting together apps that can be used to gather user feedback and measure user sentiment. One of those in a Net Promoter Score app. If you’re unfamiliar with NPS as a metric you can learn more here.

Here’s how it works:

The “NPS App” is really two apps and a table.

The first application asks a user to submit a rating for an application on a scale of 1-10.

It’s pretty straightforward. Each number is a button that loads a variable with the number on the button. The submit button then pushes the user rating and some other info into an NPS table.

The table structure is pretty straight forward. It just has fields for: [ID, APP NAME, USER RATING, USER, NOTES]

To support the NPS calculation, I set up a few filters and an aggregation on top of it. The filters sort the data into two categories, a.) Promoters (scores >= 9), b.) Detractors (<= 6).

The important part here is that I set the field “application” to “application input” which will allow me to sort scores by both the field “application” and by “user rating”.

On top of that, I added a simple count aggregation, which will let me count the number of table records by application with particular ratings.

The final piece of the application is the NPS calculator.

An interactive table lets me set a variable to the name of an application via a table record placeholder to the “List of Apps” table.

From there, I added my table queries to the app.

With those queries, I now have values for all of the promoters, detractors, and total submissions by application, filtered by the application I selected in the table.

From here, actually calculating NPS is super simple in the expression editor.

\

From here, you can append the “User Rating” step to any application in your instance, and start measuring your NPS.

If it’s helpful, here’s a walkthrough of the whole process of building this.

1 Like

hello all, to get people started I thought I’d share the recently published Knowledge Base Article on Table Queries and Aggregations: Tulip Table Queries and Aggregations.

looking forward to seeing your submissions!!