Create analytic that can access two tables

Hi!

I have two tables where all records are linked 1 to 1 in each table.
Each linked pair has information about a Sales Lead in the company.
The first table has all the information that is important for the user such as “Category” and the other table keeps track of the time that the lead has been in each process…

I am trying to make an analytic where I want to count the lead time per category, but I cannot access both the time information and the category information when making the analytic as they are in different tables.

I realise that it is possible to simply add a field with “Category” to the time tracking table aswell. But I like to keep these separate.

I was only asking if there is a way that I might have missed.

Thanks!
Saga

Hi Saga!

You’re not missing anything here - right now it is not possible to have an analytic pull from two different tables. Because of this, in general, you will need to architect your table data in accordance with which metrics and KPIs you would like to analyze.

That being said, you will have to add the “category” field to the time tracking table to do this, like you mentioned.

If you’d like, I can turn this thread into a product suggestion if you would want to request this as a feature?

Hi Beth,

From my point of view it is interesting to thread a product suggestion.
For example I have this use case with two table linked together :

And it could be useful to be able to make analytics on Product Table and to filter this analytics with inputs from the Order Table.

For example if I want a bar chart of the number of products filtered by due dates and brand, I need to access both tables datas.

Thanks !

1 Like

Thanks for your input here! Went ahead and made this into a Product Suggestion for our team to track and for other Community members to vote on!

1 Like