Display user data type r199

Hello everyone,

I would like to give a feedback and also ask a question related to the new display of the user data type with r199.
Now if we display a user variable the display cannot be controlled (font, color, size). Plus, end-user can click on their name which could easily lead to mistakes. I had to change my variable to text by displaying Logged-in User - Name.

Yet, I haven’t found a solution for data stored in table. If I’ve a column of users in a table, when I load a record I copy the user in a local variable (user type) but I cannot display it nicely on the screen now. Do you know for example how to extract the name (text) from a user variable ?

Below some screenshots :

In Tulip app editor (no change) :

In tulip player :

When user click on his name :

Thanks by advance :slight_smile:

Hey Patxi,

How are you currently storing the User variable into the table record that you’re then trying to return?

If you are doing something like Store - AppInfo.CurrentLoggedInUser to a record, you could add an additional column that is Store - AppInfo.CurrentLoggedInUser - Name to the table.

This way you you can return just the Name of the User, and display it as a Table Record on your app.

Is that something that might work for you?

Thanks,
Kailey

Hello Kailey,

If you are doing something like Store - AppInfo.CurrentLoggedInUser to a record, you could add an additional column that is Store - AppInfo.CurrentLoggedInUser - Name to the table.

You understand very well and I think it will be the solution for now ! But it feels weird to duplicate information like this.

I may change it into a product suggestion then to easily switch between user data, user name or
badge ID when we have an user variable.