Double Emails from Automations Trigger

Hi Community,

My app is designed to monitor the inventory levels of our parts, and I have an Automations designed to email me when a part dips below its pre-set threshold level. However, whenever an item meets this requirement, I get TWO email notifications per item. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this could be the case?

^Image of my Automations structure and decision requirements

^Image of how I get duplicate emails per event (see timestamps)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hey Carol!

After Office Hours this morning, I did ask the Tulip Team about this, and it is actually a known issue in Automations. The team will work on tackling fixing this after looping in automations is released!

That being said, there are 2 temporary workaround options:

1. Build a table connector function to update both your table records at once (I think this is the more complex option)
    • The Automation is seeing each field update as a distinct event, hence why it is sending 2 emails (and why putting in one trigger doesn’t matter, because both fields are still updating separately)
  2. Add a decision logic block within your Automation to check which field is being updated and only send an email for one of the field updates.
    • For this one, you’d need to add a column/field to you inventory table to maintain the last value (so for example, you’d have Quantity and Previous Quantity, and you’d use a decision block in automations to see if that Quantity value changed, and then another decision block to check the if the new Quantity is below threshold, then fire email). This is make the automation only look at one field, instead of both, and you should just get one email.

Hope this helps for now!

1 Like

That’s great news! Thank you for the follow-up and for the detailed options, Beth!