Easing electronic signatures

We are implementing Tulip in GxP environment with our installations set up with SAML integration to validate end user. We check the account when logging in + use the signature widget for most registrations in the apps, and hence end users are presented with the SAML pop up signature a lot.
I noticed that Nymi bands was supported and later that support was removed in December 2021 release.
Is there work within Tulip on alternatives for user identification/signing?
I might be jumping ahead, but since the iOS app was recently approved (and thanks a million for that!) a next step could be to evaluate possibilities for integrating face recognition, other types of wearable support or similar technologies to sign for login/signatures in system. Have this been discussed?
Thanks for an ever-evolving product!
Regards
Asger

4 Likes

Hey @ASharp-J -

Nymi bands were added as a supported authentication device about 4 years ago, at the cost of tons of added complexity to the part of the codebase that manages authentication (which is incredibly critical, so complexity is something we try to limit). 4 years on, the customer who wanted it wasn’t using it, and neither was anyone else, so we deprecated the feature.

With a feature flag, RFID tags (like their badges) in combination with an RFID reader can be used to act as an automatic login device. Users can tap their badge against the reader and they will automatically be logged in. Reach out to support@tulip.co and they can enable this flag for your instance to test.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I think that is absolutely fair that you do not want to spend time implementing features that customers later on do not wanna use. I was also pretty excited about the Nymi band until I got the cost setup, which can get pretty extensive when having 5000+ end users you have to accommodate.
If we go another way that might make it a bit easer on SAML integrated system I have another idea.

Normally you would need to put in your full email or badgeid/initials (in our case we have to prefix with "corpdk" to make sure the microsoft service know what we do. So in our configuration the end users are presented with below when signing in or signing for a signature step:

To ensure our end users sign the right way (using “badgeid”) we prefill the SAML popup with "corpdk" as login hint, and then end user fill in their information.

So they click on the user field - after the hint - to type in their 7 character badgeid and then click on the password field to complete the signature process.

A question is if the SAML code could be extended to add a field from users info if e.g. configured like below:

The idea is that if it is the initial login no badgeid would be sent along with the request, but if a user is already logged in then their bagdeid (or {e-mail}) would be added to the sso request and then user just have to type their password where the cursor is already present and hit enter to close the form.

Would something like this be possible with little effort?
Do others have a similar challenge, or see a benefit in above feature?

Merry Christmas and hoping for early christmas gifts :santa: :gift: if others see the benefit in this.
Asger

3 Likes

Hi Asger
This would help us as well and really smoothen the user experience when using Tulip!

/Camilla

Hi Asger, Pete and Camilla
I agree that we would benefit tremendously from having badgeid / username pre-filled. Down the road having Tulip fully implemented, countless of our company employees would benefit from this.
/Brian

Great idea Asger.
This would benefit us as well. I hope Tulip takes this more seriously.

Kind regards,
Hivzo.