Edit multiple table records at once without loading into record placeholder

Hey guys I was wondering if there is a way to have an app locate all records within a table containing an assigned variable in a specific field. And then have that app edit each of the records containing said variable without having to load every table record into a record placeholder?

(For example if I have a table with a bunch of order numbers as the ID field and then each of those records has a Color field. I want an app that can find every record with Red in its Color field and have that app automatically change those records with Red to Blue instead.)

Hey Cole, we know we definitely need to build this, but it is currently not possible without the workaround you described. Will update this thread when it is close to being released!

No worries! I figured that would be the case but thought I’d ask.

Thanks Kevin

Is there a timeline for this feature release? It would be extremely beneficial to be able to update multiple records at once.

1 Like

Hi Jason, I totally agree with you and we definitely want to build it. There are some technical challenges associated with it, which is why we have delayed.

Will update this thread when we have an anticipated due date!

Hi @kevin.kononenko - I just found this thread when searching for an app I’m working through…

was there ever any progress with this functionality? Sounds very useful :smiley:

Hi @MarkStuttard
take a look at the Looper widget widget library.
With a table aggregation you could realize this case.

Regards Chris

Thanks @ChrisF - have been using Looper just sometimes can be a bit of a slowdown, was hoping there could be a more direct way of updating a bunch of values without looping through…

It’s an option for sure, was just hoping!

Hi @MarkStuttard,

In automations, we’re working on looping functionality that sounds like it would be able to address some of the issues that you are facing.

Sincerely,

Jake

1 Like

hey jake, do you have a timeline on when the looping feature will arrive? looking to add a failsafe if my connector functions were to fail to run the automation again.

Hi @jjj,

The team is looking towards May/June timeframe. I would hesitate to use the looping function for that functionality since it would fire the connectors in relatively quick succession.

Sincerely,

Jake

I was planning on using this API call in the loop as a delay. https://postman-echo.com/delay/10

In an automation does a node after a connector host wait to run until the connector host is “completed”?

Hi @jjj,

Yes - each node waits for the prior one to complete.

Thanks,

Jake

Hi Jake,
I have a use case of a table with 2 fields type date, one is for mission creation date and one for mission complition date, if complition date is empty, a field with color type will be red, if full, will be green.
Within the app I’m using looper custom widget to update current status of color for each record in a given query, this process is slow and very annoying for the user because it is online.
I wanted to make this process in automation by schedule to run once a day on all opened missions.
Will I be able to do so when loop action will be released and the schedule event ?

Thank you,
Amit Berku

Hi @Amit,

Thanks for sharing your use case!

The scheduled automation event is released on r275. Looping is anticipated to be available in May/June.

Sincerely,

Jake