HELP! Table row select causes app to freeze

Hi All!

Having an issue on my side with the app freezing when I try and select a row on a table and update record placeholders (both in dev mode and in player). When I select a row a blue wheel comes up and I have to force reset. Also no other triggers on that page work. For example, created a test button that should show a message “Test” also doesn’t work.

Any tips?

Hey @tiffany.mcleod,

I would always recommend reaching out to support@tulip.co if you are experiencing what seems to be a bug in the platform.

Community is a great resource, but it is difficult for us to troubleshoot the way that the tulip support team can. It is a great service that Tulip offers.

A few notes that might help:

• Check to see if there are any triggers on the interactive table and try disabling them to see if this fixes things
  • Check if that record placeholder is being referenced by a button validity expression. This could cause buginess
  • Check if there are any aggregations which are dependent on the record placeholder
  • Check for any custom widgets which are dependent on the record placeholder values

If you can remove the potential causes one at a time, this will help identify what is causing the issue. Whether it is a logic bug or a tulip bug.

Happy Tulip-ing.

1 Like

@danielpomeranz advice here is great! I saw you also contacted our support team, so if Dan’s advice here doesn’t help, they should be able to dig into your instance specifically to check it out!

Tried this and for some reason one of the triggers was causing the bugginess. Will do some more troubleshooting on my end to find the culprit.
Thank you!

1 Like

Will reach out if I have further issues!