Mass trigger update?

Hello,

I have a trigger that shows up many times in an app. I want to make a change to the trigger. Is there a way to mass update all instances of the trigger? Or do I have to update each trigger instance individually?

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kevin - There is no way to do this at the moment, but we are looking at ways to make this easier in the future. Do you mind sharing what the trigger is doing and roughly how many instances it has?

1 Like

Hi Kevin, as @pete said, there’s no way to do this now, but you may want to consider if there’s any common logic that could be triggered with an Automation. Automations run independently of Apps, and could be a way to consolidate repeatable business logic. You can learn more about it here!

1 Like

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply. The trigger I am thinking about is on a “save draft” button. It pushes 20+ variables to a table. I’ve had to add or remove a variable throughout the build and rather than copy/pasting the trigger (or button), it would be nice to be able to do a mass update to the trigger instances. In my solution, there is about 20 instances of the trigger.

I could also plan better or update the button at the end of the build, but I’m not that efficient yet!

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi @kkl
Take a look at the “Delay-custom widget”? here

One trigger that can be used by different other widgets; you can use several delay widget parallel too

HTH
Chris

Hi @kkl Thanks for the details, this is very helpful. Are you interested in talking about it more? Examples like this really help us refine our vision and priorities. If yes, you can schedule a time here!

Hi Pete, I am in Bangkok so the timezone difference is quite significant. Do you mind if we handle this one via email and if it really seems like something that you want to address then we can schedule a time?

Thanks,

Kevin

~WRD0001.jpg

Yes of course, I’ll reach out. Thanks!