Move lines of logic between IF/THEN and ELSEIF/THEN blocks in the trigger editor

Currently, a user can click-and-drag to reorder lines of logic within a single IF/THEN block in the trigger editor. However, it is not possible to drag lines of logic across IF/THEN ELSEIF/THEN blocks. For large triggers with similar condition checks or actions, it would be very helpful to be able to drag lines of logic between IF/THEN ELSEIF blocks.

Raised this as well… In addition it would be really handy to be able to move the trigger actions from one block to another.

2 Likes

Or duplicate the entire if/then block itself

3 Likes

Hi John! I was just going to recommend this. I think this would be super helpful!

Has there been any movement on this? I find that if I’m writing a lot of IF/THEN blocks that they’re typically quite similar with just a few conditions tweaked here or there. Being able to copy logic between the blocks, or better yet being able to copy a whole block would definitely be a huge time saver when app building.

Hey @khouse, thanks for bumping. This likely isn’t going to be an improvement that’s rolled out as a one-off. We definitely see it and feel it and understand it, and this feature will likely be worked on as part of a broader reimagining of the trigger editor that we have in the works.

Hey @John , thanks for the reply. Do you guys have any sort of time frame on when we can expect to see these changes. This request in particular is one that I find myself wishing I had nearly every day. Writing the same lock of logic over ad over again with just a one or two values changed is quite tedious, so something like this would really improve the overall app building experience.