Multiple Sorts in Tables

It would be helpful to be able to set multiple sorting Criteria for the interactive tables. Think of it like a custom sort in excel.

Good morning @CH0024,

This is a great idea, adding multiple sorts would certainly help in visualizing data in an organized manner more effective.

The product team is aware of the request and we’ll keep you up posted as there are updates!

Gio

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, Chase! I am a product manager at Tulip. We are going to consider this request as part of an upcoming feature called “Table Queries”.

3 Likes

Hello.
I also need this feature. When will it be implemented?

Hi Akito, glad to hear it! We are currently deciding on the scope of the first version of this feature and then going to start engineering work on it. What is the situation where you need multiple sorts?

Basically, I’m arranging the timestamps in chronological order, but I want to arrange the ones with a Boolean value of yes on top.

Great! We will talk about this with the engineering team and let you know if it makes it into the first version of this feature.

I could also use this feature; we have a table where we’d like to sort by test samples and then by the testing order of test procedures performed on those samples.

Hi Ethan, this is available in beta as the new “Table Queries” feature. I can enable it on your instance if you want to use it- what is your instance URL?

1 Like

Great! I sent you a message with our instance URL

1 Like

I am very interested in this feature. I have a large table of part shortages that different managers need to sort by different columns. When will it be released?
Thanks!

hello @GH-SBD, welcome to the Tulip Community!! it would be great if you could introduce yourself at: Welcome to the Community, let's meet!!

regarding your question, this feature is now available via Table Queries. for example, the data in this Table is being sorted by the 3 columns that can be seen here:

once you run the Query (which can also be used in an App) you can view the data sorted by multiple columns:

here’s a Knowledgebase Article on Table Queries if you’d like to take a look: Tulip Table Queries and Aggregations | Tulip Knowledge Base - Support for Building Operations Apps.

could you let us know if this works for you as you’d expect??

once again, welcome to the Tulip Community!!