Can Operators sort a table?

Is there a way to allow Operators to sort a table by different columns? For instance giving them the ability to sort alphabetically in one column or from oldest-newest in another. I’m aware of this question but the explanation didn’t seem to enable sorting.

Hey Cartwright,

This is a great question, and definitely something we are working on making easier inside of the platform!

Do you need the table to have selectable rows? If not, you can use a table analytic to display the table with sort buttons. Table analytics have the ability to sort and can pull the exact same data as an interactive table.

If you need to use an Interactive table, this is not something we can do natively at this time. However, there are some workarounds you could use:

1. Having multiple steps which look the same but have a different sort on the interactive table
  2. Using dynamic filters to allow operators to search the list instead of sorting it

Let me know if that makes sense.

Makes sense - thank you!

Hello dear TULIP team,

we have a TULIP customer who has requested the same function.
The alternatives were shown, but the company would like to have this feature for interactive tables, so that the rows can be clicked.
The feature would be important to the customer to gain more acceptance on the store floor.

Is there any news regarding sorting in interactive tables?

Thanks.

Hey @pwied and @cartwright_foreman. This functionality is available in the product!

I apologize, I wish I had remembered to come back and share in this thread. You can read more about the interactive table’s sort-ability in our support article here. Basically, once you add more than one sort options, the operator will see a small arrow on the interactive table’s column header and be able to sort in either direction.

Let us know if this doesn’t solve your problem.

1 Like

Hi @dan.pomeranz

thank you for the tip about the knowledge base article.

I created an interactive table and I noticed that there are hierarchies in the sorting. For example, it is sorted first by Wert/value (first by) and then by date created (then by).

The problem is that the hierarchy is now rigid as defined before - and is sorted by Wert/value first and then by other columns. I can’t take out the sorting by Wert/value in the app and sort e.g. by Date Update as first priority (first by).
Also, the user does not see what was sorted by and with which priority.

Our customer would like that the user can freely decide by what is sorted (setting e.g. via the arrow). The user would also like to change the sorting flexibly in the player.
In addition, it makes sense to display what is being sorted (e.g. when the arrow is clicked or the mouse is moved over the arrow).

It would be super for the acceptance of TULIP on the store floor if this possibility would exist and users would be even more flexible in using the displayed data.

Thank you.

Yes, now I understand what you mean @pwied. This is something which has been requested in the past and I thought this sorting functionality solved it. However, it looks like there is still some missing functionality here. I have made our product team aware of this gap. Thanks for explaining it so clearly!

2 Likes