Print multiple steps

Hi,
is it possible to print multiple steps at once in order to “print” a pdf with multiple pages?

Best
Stanislaw

hello @sloschitzki,

yes, it is possible to print multiple Steps at once by organizing your Steps in Step Groups, you can then select the entire group to be printed:

will this solution work for you??

Thanks Gio,
this is a big help.

Best
Stanislaw

1 Like

good to hear @sloschitzki, let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.

Hi,
what happen when printing steps ? Are the step-open-triggers fired before printing or are they ingnored?
Data not loaded, wrong page sequence, half pages

II think there is a lot of work left.
REgards
Chris

hello @ChrisF,

this is interesting, thanks for sharing. just to confirm, was the App not behaving this way before??

the Triggers fire in the the order in which they are organized on the right side of the screen. could you share a screenshot of where this Trigger is within your App??

furthermore, if you put the Trigger on a Button, does the report print in the expected order??

Hi Gio,
yes it works last week (i think), but now the PDF is defect and in wrong order. Independent if i print from within the app (last step) oder from my other app.
It is also independent from the used PDF printer.

Each step has the trigger “Daten laden” which loads data from a table into the checkboxes, at “on step enter”.
In the last step i placed an interactive table.
Regards
Chris

hello @ChrisF, thanks for providing this information.

I have created a ticket for our engineering team and they will be investigating what is causing this issue. we will keep you updated as it’s fixed here.

Hi Chris,

We have identified some improvements around making sure that the step ordering is correct, that improvement should go out with our next scheduled release.

1 Like

Hi Gio,

I am seeing similar issue with a process report app I am working on. Whenever I print to pdf one page at a time using the trigger for printing using the system dialog I see no issues and the print comes out perfect. However when I group the steps into an app group and print the app group my analytics tables dont show up on the final print. Is there a way around this? I have attached a couple screen shots that show what I am referring to.

Hey @Martin_Alanis -

This was actually a hot topic today internally. LTS8.1 should be code complete by the end of the week (then it needs to go through QA before release) and the developers are actively working to see if this can be fixed in that release.

This is driven by triggers not waiting for the analytic to loading before the print action is called. We can’t deterministically know when an analytic will load, so we have timeouts in place to move on regardless of load state. This is hit more often with the printing of step groups because often many analytics need to be rendered before the print action can be called.

I don’t yet have clarity on if this will make the cut for LTS8.1, but I will keep this thread updated as I know more.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the update. I will keep an eye on this thread.

Hey @Martin_Alanis -

It looks like the bug fix should make the cut (assuming it passes QA) for LTS8.1.

Pete.

1 Like