Change is in the air today, or at least in your Tulip instances. This release has a slew of usability and design tweaks, a couple of key enhancements for managing apps, users, and resources, some back-end performance improvements, and some changes to vision that address specific asks in that area.
My personal favorite is the connector host management dashboard, which helps address an oft-mentioned need for better visibility and control of resources, assets, and the other meta-components that are critical for managing scale-up of factory data systems.
- Images that are uploaded via drag and drop now fill out the Datasource field. Previously the data was saved, but not shown in the UI
- Updated designs on the confirmation modal when deleting all unused variables
- Fixed a possible mismatch between connector management access and roles
- Add connector host management on the Account Settings/Connectors page.
- Control chart and forecast analysis widgets now have transparent background by default so they can support the widget background color. Also fixes table-style analyses content to remain readable with a dark widget or step background set
- Add an error message for layer computation error when attempting to chart null values
Stations, Devices, and Machines
- When managing apps, renamed the action from Delete to Archive for any text, buttons, and modals involved with Archiving Apps or App Groups
Vision / Machine Learning
- Increase keystroke barcode scanner timeout to prevent duplicate barcode scan events.
- Implement lazy load for Vision Tesseract OCR to improve robustness and performance
- For Allied Vision cameras, add support for changing camera resolution via camera configs on stations page
Fixes, Bugs, and Performance Improvements
- Improve the loading time of table pages