Request a Course

Is there a use-case you’d like to build? A feature you could use help with? Put your requests for new courses in here.

Using the Tulip platform it is very evident that the Tulip team has some very good UI/UX people on the team. A bonus Tulip University course covering some UI basic concepts would be awesome.

Hey @joey.wheeler, thanks for the request. We actually have a UX/UI/app design best practices course like this in the works right now!

Since you asked, would you mind saying a little bit more about what you’re looking for in a course like this? It would help us make our content as useful as possible.

Sure. Here is a list of things that would be good to know.

1. Basic design principles
  2. UX mapping
  3. How to conduct a user test
  4. Tips and Tricks specific to Tulip platform
  5. Show some example layouts with good design
3 Likes

Thanks, @joey.wheeler, this is a great list and all things we can account for as we build out this module.

Tips on conducting user tests would be a huge benefit. Even if the info was very general, I’ve been strictly learning as I go.

2 Likes

Hi @TechnicallyKatie, i think this is a good idea, and in line with some ideas we’re floating around for a course on citizen development best practices. Are any challenges you ran into with user testing that you’d like to see addressed. Or are you looking for more of a general approach?

A general approach is what I had in mind. How to teach people to use your app (digitally or in person), how to gauge their responses, best practices for getting good feedback, etc. Right now I am teaching people individually and I have a button at the bottom of all my apps to “Contact Katie” with questions. That’s just something I made up though, I’m not sure if anyone will use it or if there’s a better way to ask for feedback.