Single Select Widget Maximum rows

Hi,

I am populating a dropdown box (single select) from a table. There are 13 active rows in the table but only 10 will show up. If I change a row to be inactive it will then show one of the beyond 10 rows.

Is this intended functionality?

Hey @Dvanroy, thanks for the question and welcome to the community. Would you mind sharing a little more about how your widget is configured? I just checked a personal app that feeds an array with 90 items from a connector function into a single select and I’m not seeing a cut off at 10 rows.

One other thing that could be it: if you’re configuring the widget using a table record, try using a table query/aggregation that bumps the limit to the number of rows you’d like to see.

Hi, thanks for the response.

that is the logic and this is the source
(new user, can’t put in 2 embeds)

Some are filters because they would be considered inactive and don’t show up in the list. That is the correct functionality. But if i have more than 10 “operators” they aren’t listed on the drop down.

Hey @Dvanroy

How are you populating that variable? Are you using a connector function with tulip’s table API?

If so, the Table API has a default limit of 10 records.

Might explain this.

After checking, it is in fact limited to 10 records. I’m familiar with using a offset in the API how could I achieve this within Tulip? I was unable to find a solution in the documentation. I could have missed something.

You should be able to change the limit of the API call up to 100 records. Will that suffice?

Hey @Dvanroy, let me add some context to what @dan.pomeranz is saying. In your connector function, you can adjust the limits by adding a limit under the query parameters. Below I’ve provided an example with a limit parameter as well as several filters so you can see where and how you’d apply this to your connector function.

Generally, all of this information is available in our API documentation, but it can be a little hidden if you don’t know what you’re looking for. I’ve included a screenshot below of where to find the available query parameters for each endpoint. I’ve selected the GET table records endpoint here.

Let me know if this helps!

That does explain it. I unfortunately can’t select both your comments as a solution.

It for what ever reason didn’t click that it’s one in the same. I have been creating things with python for data validation in our MES system. Haven’t played with tulip much yet.

Thanks again guys!

@Dvanroy, glad to hear that this was what you needed and happy building!