Store Documents in Tables

It would be very helpful if we could store documents in tables. I would like to be able to pull up a part print based on user input part number search.

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion Chase! What kind of documents are you considering storing? PDF?

Yes. PDF would be the primary focus. Power Points or Word Documents would be excellent additions.

1 Like

In airtable.com we can define “attachement field” to store by rows differents documents (pdf, pptx, …). It’s very usefull and simple. Same kind of features can be usefull to make Tulip table a easy ECM solution

1 Like

Hello there,
If you have any update :slight_smile:
Still very interested about this feature (attachment in table) as I’m looking to attach certification (pdf) from third-party technicians. :crossed_fingers:

Hey Patxi, we definitely still want to build this! The current plan is to build it in Q1 2021.

2 Likes

I also need the feature that attachment in table, including eml file.

Hey Mike, this is certainly a popular one! What is an EML file, and how does your company use them? This is the first time I have heard of it.

if you save mail in outlook as file, you will get the file name with extension name eml.

Okay. And do you later need to display that EML file in an app? Or do you just need to store it in the table?

basically, I need it to be stored in the table, but it will be nice that EML file can be displayed in the app.

I am gonna give it a bump as well. If an operator is using a .PDF file for looking at a print they need to be able to full screen and zoom. to add to the flexibility of Tables PDF’s should be treated like images so we can dynamically pull them inside of the app

Stay awesome !
Sincerely,
Chris Winters
Solution Engineer | (815) 520-3177

Making the complex simple.

Schedule a meeting with me here

2 Likes

Hi Kevin,

Is there any update on the feature request to be able to store documents in tables? I would like to be able to upload a PDF in a similar fashion as an image can be done now (upload, not capture) and store said PDF in a table. I see you were targeting this for Q1’21, so I am interested in hearing where this is in the development. Thanks in advance!

Hi Kevin,

is there any news concerning this topic? We are also interested in a solution for our customer, especially for PDF. It would be great to hear back from you.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hey Kevin!
I would also like to revisit this topic. It’s specifically about viewing drawings from customers who are in mechanical manufacturing.
Each of our customers and prospects would like to view their drawings, which are usually in PDF or similar format on a local drive.
Saving them in tables is not necessarily the way to go. We need a solution that makes it possible to display documents dynamically without uploading them hard into TULIP. Open File doesn’t help much either because the user experience is harshly interrupted by the fading of the player. Drawings are regularly revised in the work preparation. These would have to be uploaded to TULIP each time. This additional effort is hardly affordable.

2 Likes

Hello Kevin-san,

We think that handling PDF in Tables is also high demand in Japanese market. Because customers have a lot of PDF files in their shop floor and they use them right now. In order to migrate them to TULIP, we need to use them in Tables. Open file is not a good idea as @Daniel -san mentioned in the previous post.

Besides, we want to zoom in/out such documents like images and PDFs using pinch-in/out finger motion. If any update or plan, please let us know.

1 Like

Same requirement for files store in our PLM (Windchill)

2 Likes

Recently I just created and app for inspection material for manufacturing procedures, and right now Tulip only allows to upload images, however it would be nice if in the future, adding a new Field type to store PDF documents

Hi edgar,
You can vote here to support this product suggestion : Store Documents in Tables

1 Like

Hello! Any progress happening on this?